A guide to the ECF and your to-do listA helpful guide for schools employing an ECT21st Apr 2022
If you have a newly qualified teacher starting in September, they have a statutory entitlement to be supported by an Early Career Framework programme of development.
Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub is delivering the Teach First Full Induction Programme. This comprehensive, high quality ECF programme is free to schools, with additional funding paid to schools in Year 2.
What schools need to do in preparation for September
- Decide your route - Full Induction, Core Induction or School Based
- Read our Teach First Early Career Framework brochure detailing the curriculum entitlement, options, funding and how NTSH can support you.
- Watch our webinar for information about the ECF and major Induction changes: ‘Employing an ECT’
- Register your school with your lead provider here
- Register with an AB: Register for the NTSH Appropriate Body service.
Later (when the DfE open the registration portal)
- Register your ECTs on the DfE's 'Manage training for Early Career Teachers' portal & select the ‘Training Provider’ route.
Most importantly, get in touch to talk over any questions or concerns you have about implementing the ECF, our team is ready to support you.
There are a few steps that your school will need to complete to successfully on-board with both the Teaching School Hub and DfE. To on-board with Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub, please email email@example.com for the on-boarding spreadsheet.
DfE Support & Guidance
The DfE have now emailed all schools with an invitation to access their online portal. Through this you will indicate your preferred route, partners and how you will be supporting your Early Career Teachers. The DfE have created a video walkthru of the process, you can watch it here.
The DfE is running webinars for schools interested in finding out more about the upcoming changes to statutory induction on 20 May & 17 June, 4pm-5pm. These DfE sessions can be booked via eventbrite here.
Helpful links and downloads
- DfE Manage training for Early Career Teachers portal
- DfE Statutory Induction | What's Changing? (AB guidance)
- DfE Induction for Early Career Teachers (from September 2021)
- Teach First ECF Brochure
- ECF Webinar 21/04 | Slide deck
- DfE ECF Resources (online)
- DfE Video Guide to the ECF
- DfE ECF Reforms (online)
Contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.