Appropriate Body 2021: Sign upStatutory Induction for ECTs (formerly NQTs)22nd Jun 2021
All schools that offer a statutory induction are required to have an Appropriate Body (AB) for their Early Career Teachers (ECTs) – formerly known as NQTs. As a Teaching School Hub, we will provide AB services to meet the needs of our county across all phases and settings.
New to our AB service? Register your school with Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub
If your school is already registered with us, you can register your ECT & ECT Mentor direct on ECT Manager here: register your ECTs & Mentors.
Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub Appropriate Body service includes:
- Registering your ECTs/ NQTs with the Teacher Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Ensuring that training and support provided by the school (or provider) meets the advice regarding a school’s obligations to provide a suitable post for induction and high quality ECF training
- Giving advice and guidance on the new statutory induction and entitlements for ECTs
- Training for induction tutors/headteachers in the requirements and delivery of induction y Advice on assessment of ECT progress
- Quality assurance of assessment, including advice for headteachers and induction tutors
- A rapid response to queries and issues/concerns raised y Support for headteachers, induction tutors and ECTs through regular online or face-to-face contact
- Easy communications and secure record keeping and assessment writing on ECT Manager, a user-friendly online system
Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub is delighted to be working in partnership with Northampton School for Boys to support their existing Appropriate Body schools.
Route 1: Full Induction Programme
This is for schools that choose the Early Career Framework route with a National Provider e.g. Teach First.
Cost per year: £150 per ECT
- Full access to the Northamptonshire TSH Appropriate Body service
- AB registrations of ECTs on the TRA system
- Ensure ECTs are fairly and regularly assessed through collection of progress monitoring and formal assessment points over the two-year induction period
- Additional support for ECTs not meeting Teacher/ Induction Standards
Route 2: Core Induction Programme
This is for schools that choose to deliver their own training using DfE accredited materials and resources.
Cost per year: £200, per ECT plus £550 per school for Quality Assurance
As Full Induction Programme service plus:
- Fidelity Check before the start of the induction period by the AB which will include ensuring the ECF core induction programme provided by the school is in line with the statutory guidance for induction and meets the ECF programme standards
- Quality assure that the school’s detailed breakdown of the programme for years one and two show how the ECF statements are sequenced for the induction period
- Additional quality assurance to check that the ECF core induction programme is faithfully and effectively delivered over the two year period of induction
Route 3: School-led Induction Programme
This is for schools that choose to design and deliver their own two-year induction programme for ECTs based on the ECF.
Cost per year: £200, per ECT plus 800 per school for Quality Assurance
As Full Induction Programme service plus:
- Fidelity Check before the start of the induction period by the AB. Checks will ensure: a. ECTs receive a programme of support and training based on the Early Career Framework b. The programme design covers fully the evidence-based statements in the ECF
- Quality assurance visits to ensure that the programme provided is ECF-based and the ECTs receive the planned programme of training and development
- Additional quality assurance of the ECF school-designed programme throughout the two year induction, to check that the school’s detailed breakdown of the programme for years one and two shows how the ECF statements are sequenced for the induction period
- The AB will use a range of evidence for quality assurance which may include: desk top reviews, interviews with ECTs, mentors and Induction Tutors, throughout the two years and ensures that the school based programme remains faithful to the ECF
The Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub is committed to ensuring value for money. In accordance with DfE guidance, we will not charge more than the cost of supplying this service and will review pricing annually.
For support and queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 397013.